Welcome

I don't know how/why you have found yourself here, but while you're about, check out my musing on life. Warning, I will not be held accountable if you suddenly find yourself hating the world.

Advert

Sunday 23 January 2011

Procrastination II (Is this it?)

So here I am again, spilling my strange mind onto the internet for the amusement of others. The theme of this blog is currently unknown, but I have The Strokes on, hence the title.
It's been a strange week,  exams and revision have eaten into my life and  don't seem to have taken their fill yet. There have been highs and lows, smashing the granny out of the MatLab exam was definitely a high, and failing  at a chest session in the gym springs to mind as a low...
Got asked to define success the other day. It's a strange question that I'm sure you could get hundreds of different answers about. It totally depends  how you define success. The on-line dictionary seems to have all the bases covered:


1.
the favorable or prosperous termination of attempts orendeavors.
2.
the attainment of wealth, position, honors, or the like.
3.
a successful performance or achievement: The play was aninstant success.
4.
a person or thing that is successful: She was a greatsuccess on the talk show.


The second definition is what most people would have thought when it comes to success. But if you are talking about a successful life, then I would rephrase the question to say " Are you happy with what you have achieved in your life?"

To me its not money, or fame. They would enrich your life, but I would hope they would not define it. The famous people that I admire are people who have worked hard and are talented at what they push for. People like Lance Armstrong. His immense personal struggles and the achievements that he has worked for with the help of his friends and family are a huge inspirational story to anyone.
You can say what you like about Eminem too, but he is amazing. One of, if not the best rapper alive.

To be honest, I would be happy if I got my degree and started working in the industry within the next 4 years.
That would show me that I can achieve what I set my mind too, and that hard work can pay off.

But to do that, I have to cut this blog here, and get back to revision.
One love



No comments:

Post a Comment

Advert